Can we have more than 100?

I am reading many books at any given moment (esp. Royal Road serials), so can we have more than 100? Moreover, I already love many books from Deborah Chester, Terry Pratchett, Jim Butcher, Ursula LeGuin, John Scalzi, Eoiln Colfer, Rachel Aaron, Charlie Holmberg, Terry Brooks . . . I think that’s got to be over 100 right there?

My most recent completion is Patrick Rothfuss’ recent book. He finally managed to publish another book (although it’s a retread): The Narrow Road Between Desires Now, it want everyone to know I am not saying that his series isn’t a devastating disappointment because the third book in the trilogy has been in the works for a decade. But! He is my favorite author, and his writing in this little side story is fantastic.

2 Likes

My most recent completion is Patrick Rothfuss’ recent book. He finally managed to publish another book (although it’s a retread): The Narrow Road Between Desires Now, it want everyone to know I am not saying that his series isn’t a devastating disappointment because the third book in the trilogy has been in the works for a decade. But! He is my favorite author, and his writing in this little side story is fantastic.

I saw that at the bookstore and thought of buying it, but I actually need to get my hands on the original series before I buy a spinoff. (And I need to get through the pile of books sitting at my bedside table instead of reading kindle book after kindle book. I got a huge deal on a romantasy series by Kel Carpenter, and it’s like 25 books. I will never read this genre again by the time I’m through.)

I think that’s got to be over 100 right there?

This is a reasonable request. Want us to change it to a thousand? Or just a million? We are a group of particularly avid readers. :rofl:

I was actually thinking of starting a little unofficial book club. Recommend an author or book, spend two months having weekly chat discussions. It seems to help to have other things to read while we’re waiting for the next chapter, and it might be something other people are interested in?

1 Like

a book club sounds like such a cool idea!

2 Likes

If 5-10 people are interested, this is do-able. But I’ll need recommendations…

1 Like

I am reading Lord of Mysteries, someone recommended it through reddit, that if you like PGTS you might like that. I enjoy it a lot and I am a 1000 chapters deep. That said, the translation is quite bad…

I also liked Fox’s tongue and kirin’s bone. It just feels very different. I read the first book as a webnovel. I bought it for a friend for her 30th birthday (which was basically a troyan horse gift, as I was gifting it so I have someone to discuss it with (the plan worked flawlessly)). I reread that book in basically one sitting, just by accidentally opening it and reading the first page.

Edit:Now I see that maybe this should have been a separete thread? I am not sure.

2 Likes

is it quite bad? where are you reading it at?
cuz you might be reading an MTL version…

1 Like

Nope, it is not MTL (at least that is my guess), I can’t stand those. It is just a bit too plain.

I am to slow at reading, though if it has audible/audio versions I could do it.