Minecraft the island by Max brooks

Let me start this with saying I am NOT into Minecraft books, or Minecraft, or Jack Black really

But blue came across a description of a book and I thought I would give it a chance.

Over an hour in, the description perfectly describes how I feel trying to play the game and jack blacks voice, I wouldn’t call it spiritual, but I will say it’s soothing.

Imagine waking up under water as your Minecraft avatar with absolutely no freaking clue about how to play the game and you have to learn by trial and error.

Also, you have the slightest idea of another world where things have soft curves and there is so many questions.

Yeah, this is me playing the game.

… I’m not the biggest fan of Jack Black, the movies that put him front and center seem to be stuff that I just don’t like as much as everybody else around me does…

But the way he reads this book (which has actual game sounds dashed in) feels perfect.

The book feels amusing, and you don’t have to like Minecraft (though it makes more sense) to enjoy it.

… It’s along the lines of I’m not a super fan of MLP:fim, but holy carp do I love fallout: equestria and starlight over detrot, both that just use some of the world building to tell great stories with a handful of jokes that only make sense of someone is a pony (ponies don’t eat meat!!!, or can you picture a earth pony rolling around to put in a gun harness? The little nods to beings from the show are just Easter eggs, and yeah)