Why not discord?

This is quite the cool idea as far as creating a community hang out goes, but it must have been somewhat costly to buy this forum template and set it up when all of these features are easily configurable and manageable in discord for free.

Not that I’m complaining lol, I like it. Just wondering is all.

Discord had several initial deal breakers that ruled it out as the primary hosting site. Azalea’s goal is to open this discussion space and to have it as a long-term community to welcome and encourage readers, and some things, such as the character limits, weren’t conducive to that.

There were a lot of contenders, and the decision wasn’t easy. The ability of this platform to have the robust software we were looking for, including Facebook/Google/Patreon integration, made it the winner.

I will say that no option is perfect, and we’re not against discord at all. We may end up utilizing it in addition to this forum someday - but it’s much easier to focus our energy on one space to start with.

2 Likes

I see. Makes sense in hindsight!

1 Like

No worries. We figured it would be a frequently asked question because Discord is so popular, but it just wasn’t quite the right fit.

… Discord doesn’t reward you for doing stuff like this place does.

I like it here

1 Like

Come to the Alcove, we have cookies?

2 Likes

But that raises a different question. Why does nobody use chat?

I rarely think about a chat feature.

I try to not be online for long gaps, and right now while I’m in so much physical pain as well as cooping with past trauma, I really don’t want to be online as much and literally fry another computer

Al my stuff has blue screen and or otherwise fd up for at least 5 minutes once this week. I don’t want perm damage